Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Final Week Post #1

• (Regarding Chapter 13) Which of the research methods listed in Table 13.3 seem the most interesting? Assume you want to study some aspect of deception. Frame a research question. Which method would you choose to answer the question. Why?

Performance research seems the most interesting to me. I love the idea of observing a work of performance art, oral communication, or artistic components of everyday life and being able to deduce from there. I also think it is by our own performances that we can make conclusions about our behavior, thoughts, and feelings. If I were to form a research question about deception, it would be something like “How can you tell if someone is lying”. I would probably use Experimental Research or Conversation Analysis. That way, I could either conduct research based on the way people talk or formulate various scenarios between people in an experimental setting.

No comments: