Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Final Week Post #3

• Pick one other concept in the book that you feel needs further discussion? (You can choose from ANY chapter in the book).

I think that Speech Anxiety (page 288), may need a little more discussion. I perform in musicals and have been onstage in front of hundreds of people, but I'm still terrified of public speaking. I know so many other performers that feel the same way, and also many kids that have a fear. I think it is important to note that there are many ways to relieve many of the stresses of speech anxiety. As the text says, breathing deeply or trying to relax muscles is one way you can try to relax. Also, substituting your negative thoughts with positive ones is a way to build confidence. Public speaking is an important tool to make great communication, so hopefully people can feel comfortable with their speaking! :)

Have a GREAT winter break! :)

No comments: